Eleven Australia is a socially and environmentally aware, low-impact hair and body care brand. Founded in Australia in 2011, the affordable brand is now available worldwide, including from several online suppliers. While Eleven Australia is not a vegan due to its use of silk, wool and beeswax, they are accredited as cruelty-free by PETA.
The most popular hair product is the Miracle Hair Treatment* and you can buy it online for worldwide delivery.
This brand offers some of the most interesting hair products on the market. I've been using them for a while now and some of my friends rate them highly too. There's a good chance you'll find them in a store near you or you can buy them online.
Eleven Hair Products
Eleven hair products include the Miracle Hair Mask and the Miracle Hair Treatment, their signature range that they are most well-known for. This range led to their reputation for creating products that are simple, effective and affordable while keeping sustainability in mind.
Eleven are working towards being sustainable by implementing several environmental and social impact measures. They use a lot of natural, plant-based ingredients. Given that Eleven is a Melbourne-based company, they often use Australian native plants in their hair care products.
These natural ingredients are used to create oils and extracts to provide fragrance, texture and moisturising benefits, depending on the plant.
The body and hair products include the following natural ingredients. Many of these are unique to Eleven, at least in the combinations that create.
- Avocado oil - hydrating.
- Organic argan oil - adds shine to hair.
- Desert lime - hydrating.
- Green tea - adds shine to hair.
- Wattle seed - conditioning elements.
- Organic papaya - exfoliating.
- Desert peach - nourishes hair.
- Quinoa - protective coating for hair.
- Macadamia nut oil - natural conditioner.
Certification and Packaging
Cruelty-free products and recyclable packaging are some of the most basic measures we look for with regard to sustainable products. So of course you'll find that with Eleven hair care. They also encourage their suppliers and supply chain to be sustainable which is one of the most important things a sustainable brand can do, otherwise, we can't really call them sustainable.
- Bottles, tubs and cans are 100% recyclable.
- All products are cruelty-free.
- Products are palm oil-free or use certified sustainable palm oil.
- Suppliers implement some sustainability measures.
Eleven are vocal about their social impact. They support a number of charities and projects in Australia. There doesn't seem to be much information online about the employment situation and what kind of benefits they receive but they are a relatively small company so that's probably why.
- Donates to the Hagar charity that supports women and child victims of severe human rights abuse.
- Partner of the Happy Boxes Project that provides care product essentials to Australian women in need.
What products does Eleven Australia sell?
Eleven is predominantly a haircare brand but they are now expanding into other personal care products.
Hair products include:
- Miracle Hair Treatment - leave-in conditioner.
- Miracle Spray - leave-in treatment.
- Hydrate My Hair shampoo and conditioner - for dry hair.
- Repair My Hair shampoo and conditioner - for damaged hair.
- I Want Body shampoo and conditioner - for fine hair.
- Volume foam - to create lots of volume.
- Texture spray - various types are available depending on the finish you like. I use and recommend the sea salt spray.
- Detangle spray - beneficial for fine hair or hair that tangles easily.
- Smooth & Shine - I use this myself to keep frizz at bay. It comes in a lovely watermelon fragrance.
Body products include:
- Wash Me All Over - Papaya extract, almond, orange, lavender, jojoba and coconut oil.
- Hydrogel Face Mask and Eye Mask.
What is missing?
Eleven provides colour options for professional salon use. Personally, I would love to have the option for at-home colours. It will be interesting to see if they develop this in the future.
The range is growing so it’s worth checking back from time to time. You might also find that your local hairdresser uses thems as Eleven is a popular brand with professional stylists.
You can order their products online from Amazon* and we recommend purchasing as part of a larger purchase rather than just buying one or two items. This reduces transport costs and emissions from additional deliveries.
Alternatively, if you can find these hair products locally, you can reduce transport emissions by walking or cycling to the store to pick them up. Or you might find them when out shopping for other items.
Sustainability Cubed is ad and reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links are marked with a * after the link.