The Storehouse Fremantle is a low waste bulk food store in South Fremantle. Sustainably sourced and organic where possible, you can buy your essential staples in bulk to save money and packaging. You can find zero waste personal care items like shampoo bars, fair trade chocolate and coffee, bulk grains, cooking supplies, dried fruit, legumes and so much more. Take your own refillable containers or use the paper packaging available in-store.
Generally, you can take your own jars or containers to fill with your bulk goods but this may not be available right now due to COVID-19 restrictions. In any case, the Storehouse supplies you with single-use utensils like scoops and tongs and low waste paper bags for your goods. But don't forget to use the antibacterial gel when entering the store and try not to touch items unnecessarily.
- Grains including many varieties of rice, barley, oats and freekeh.
- Dried herbs and spices and spice blends and mixes.
- A huge variety of flours including gluten free flour.
- The usual nuts, beans and lentils.
- Alternative milk powders.
- Tea, coffee and cacao products.
- Pickles, olives, sauerkraut and kimchi.
- Chocolate, sweets, cakes, snacks and dried fruit.
- Personal care items like zero waste soap, skincare, haircare, sunscreen, shaving etc.
If you can't make it to South Freo, they now have an online store for local delivery or you can place your order and pick-up in store. This is a good option if you're concerned about social distancing and don't want to spend too much time in the shop handling items.
22/219 Hampton Road
This is a free listing for a business we recommend and support. Learn more.